Frequently Asked Questions .
Find answers to common questions about Test & Quality Summit Online taking place from 12:00-18:00 BST on Wednesday 16th September 2020.
If you still have a question that you can’t find the answer to, please contact us.
How to get the best out of #TQS2020
Here are some hints to make the Test & Quality Summit on 16th September a day to remember!
- Having a plan is always a good idea — Take a look at #TQS2020 agenda in advance to earmark the sessions you don’t want to miss!
- Dress Code — Ok that’s a trick question 😉 wear whatever you like but remember you will most likely be turning on your camera at some stage during the day!
- Take some breaks — We have breaks scheduled and yes there’ll be lots happening from 12:00-18:00 but do make sure you take time to move about away from the screen!
- Don’t get Hangry – with virtual events, you can have your favourite food at any time you like!
- Code of Conduct — Last but not least, this is YOUR tribe. We want everyone to have a great experience at #TQS2020 and that means we expect everyone to play their part and abide by our EuroSTAR Conferences Code of Conduct.
The Online Platform
The online Test & Quality Summit 2020 will take place on the Hopin virtual event platform. Hopin is a virtual venue with multiple interactive areas to help you connect and engage. As an attendee, you’ll be able to move in and out of rooms just like an in-person event and enjoy the content and connections throughout. Check out this article Using Hopin as an Attendee for an overview.
The official event hashtag is #TQS2020 – please share your photos and comments on your social channels during the day and we’ll select the best social post to win a ticket to the EuroSTAR Online Conference in November – Europe’s largest software testing conference!
How do I access the summit?
A: Attendees that have registered on our website will receive an email from 14th September onwards (depending when you register). This will include a magic link that will give you access to the online platform without having to complete the full registration form again. Please note this will come from Catapult <firstname.lastname@example.org> Check your junk mail if you have not received it.
It is a good idea to update your profile and we highly recommend adding a photo so everyone knows who they are connecting with.
You will be able to access #TQS2020 up to 30 min before it starts. You will also receive an email shortly before the event goes live, to make sure that you don’t miss it!
Attendees that register once the summit has started may experience a short delay in receiving access. Please try to register in advance.
Q: What technology do I need?
A: Hopin works best on the latest version of Google Chrome, which you can download here – www.google.com/chrome. An internet connection that allows you to participate in a Google Meet or Zoom call should be sufficient for the Hopin platform.
Q: Do I have to download an app to run Hopin?
A: No, Hopin runs in your browser. Hopin is best experienced on a desktop or laptop.
Q: Will I be notified of any schedule changes?
A: You can keep track of any announcements and pinned messages from #TQS2020 in the event chat.
Q: What are each of the areas at #TQS2020?
A: You can navigate the platform by using the left-hand menu to access the following areas
- Stage – Where all the advertised talks will take place
- Sessions – Where round table discussions, demos & fun interactive sessions are schedule for the break times – a bit like the EuroSTAR Huddle area at a physical event
- Expo – Meet our sponsors & partners, chat & ask questions
- Speed Meeting – virtual networking via 1:1 video chat
Q: What is the Speed Meeting about?
A: We all know that the random conversations at conferences are sometimes the most enlightening or even the start of a lasting friendship. The Speed Meting area is a virtual version of this via one-on-one video networking.
When you click the Ready button, you are immediately matched with a random fellow attendee via face-to-face video, a bit like chat roulette. Meetings end automatically after three minutes but you can choose to leave after 30 seconds.
Yes, we know many of us have stopped sharing our videos during meetings, but this is NOT your usual workplace meeting software. Get involved, jump in and you never know who you might meet or begin a conversation with!
You can also share contact information by clicking the Connect button. If you both click Connect, you will find each other’s contact information (name & email address) in the Connect section of your Hopin account. (Learn more about the Connect feature.)
Q: Is there a live chat feed?
A: Yes, there are a number of different chat feeds!
- Event chat is for conference-wide discussions. It’s accessible on every page of the platform.
- Stage and Session chats are for discussions during stage or session presentations – only visible in those talks & where you post your questions for Q&A.
- Booth chat – Expo booths feature their own individual chat area as well as being able to toggle to the main event wide chat feed
- Aside from the chat, you can participate in polling under the ‘Polls’ tab.
Q: Can I send an attendee a direct message?
A: Yes. Attendees can message each other through direct messages. To send a DM, find the person you wish to chat with in the People tab, click their profile photo and send the message. A red dot in the recipient’s People tab and on the envelope icon (top right) will let them know they have a new message.
Q: Can I invite another attendee to a video call?
A: Yes. The attendee will receive a direct message letting them know that you’ve invited them to a video call. You will both receive a link to a private session room within Hopin. The room will allow up to five people to share their webcam, therefore you may share the link with up to three other people.
Q: Will I be able to access the talks on demand?
A: All ticket holders for the Test & Quality Summit Online will receive on-demand access to the talks after the live conference. This will be on EuroSTARHuddle.com and you will receive an email to access by becoming a member with specific rights to conference talk on-demand access.